Smoke Detectors & Carbon Monoxide
Smoke inhalation can occur in the event of a fire while your loved ones are sleeping. It is a major cause of death and just like carbon monoxide poisoning. Carbon Monoxide is a colorless, odorless and tasteless gas that may cause serious injury or death to your family or loved ones.
Both are also preventable with the devices and the law (Ontario Electrical Safety Code & National Building Code of Canada) to have them installed in order to protect your loved ones.
These safety devices will automatically alert your loved ones of the dangers of carbon monoxide and house hold fires. Ensure these devices are always tested as per manufactures recommendations and ensure backup batteries are replaced at annual intervals.
For more information on the importance of these products, please see EFSI's article on smoke alarms, carbon monoxide alarms, and fire safety.